Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Stanley Lake" & "Tenacious Tiger" Originals Sold!

"Tenacious Tiger"




"Stanley Lake"




I have some exciting news! I have just been sent payment in the mail for two original paintings of mine! This is rare because I sell about two originals a year, if I'm lucky. Most people here in Idaho want prints and not the original. A lady from Alabama saw my artwork on my website. She is moving to Johannesburg, South Africa with her husband and she wanted some of my artwork to hang on her walls. The pieces she will be buying are "Stanley Lake" and "Tenacious Tiger." "Stanley Lake" is from Stanley, Idaho and the Sawtooth Mountains. My husband and I spend a weekend in Stanley every year, usually in May. "Tenacious Tiger" is from a photo I took. There use to be a small zoo in Nampa, Idaho, which closed a few years ago, and the owners had just purchased two baby tigers. They were adorable and loved to play, just like domestic kittens. I got to pet them and it was a really special experience to be that close to actual tiger kittens.

No comments: