Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pet Portraits and Murals

Yay! I got another photo from a client, which means I have another cat portrait commission to start on. This cat is a long-haired gray cat, darker than my gray cat, Maynard. When the portrait is done I will post both the photo and the finished portrait on this blogsite.

Last Monday my artist friend, Angie, and I worked on a mural painting that we are doing for Bequa's Salon in Boise. This painting is a fountain in an Italian garden with wisteria flowers hanging down. It is almost done, but it is taking longer than we both thought it would. I am not a fast mural artist either. It looks great so far. I hope we can finish it next week. I will post a photo of it when it is all done.

This Thursday I am delievering my rock animal of Bequa's dog, Barbie, to her at her salon and I will get paid then. I showed her the finished rock portrait Monday when I was there to do her mural and she was so overcome, she hugged me! That is what it is all about and that is why I love my job as an artist!

No comments: