Sunday, April 6, 2008

Reflections from The Feathered Nest


My second piece on the theme of Leavenworth, Washington is done! This piece didn't take very long either. I started it about two weeks ago. This is from a photo I shot last fall at Leavenworth. This is a decorative mural that had been painted around the window of a shop in Leavenworth called the Feathered Nest. It had at least five windows and each one was decorated like this, with the pink and blue hand-painted framework around it. This is just one of many examples of the Bavarian style artwork in Leavenworth that really captivated and inspired me. What you see in the window is the reflection of what was both outside and inside of the shop. I love the distorted and abstract composition of it. This is unlike anything I have done before and I like the way it turned out. I am usually a very traditional artist and this has a more abstract twist to it. I call this piece "Reflection Detection."

No comments: