Sunday, May 4, 2008

Preparing My Art For the Sawtooth Artisan's Gift Shop (and other projects)

My annual trip to Stanley, Idaho takes place this Memorial Day weekend, and I have been busy making Stone Critters rock animals and prints for the Sawtooth Artisan's Gift Shop & Gallery in Stanley. There are only two gift shops in Stanley and this one has been selling my artwork since about 1993. This gift shop is only open from Memorial Day through Labor Day, but I always sell a lot of my art in those few months. This trip is both a vacation and a tax write-off.

This week I have been involved in another home decor project. I am in the midst of adding some decorative punch to my backyard patio. I have added some blue stenciling to my backyard patio, around the windows. The stencil is a bamboo plant with some Japanese characters next to it, which is appropriate because my patio has a kind of Asian theme to it. I also plan to replace my plastic white patio furniture with the wrought iron patio furniture.

No comments: