Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Marketing Mania!

Things get busier and busier as the day approaches for my weekend vacation to the Sawtooth Mountains in Stanley. (I head out this Friday.) I haven't found any time to sit down and create art because I have been too busy preparing for art shows and doing the marketing end of things. I just delivered six prints to the Rediscovered Bookstore for their art gallery. I also had another pleasant surprise. During my appointment today with my chiropractor, they gave me some money for a print of mine that sold. I have about 3 framed prints of my art that are hanging up in this office and I change them out every now and then.

I recently joined an organization called CIVA, which stand for Christians in the Visual Arts. I just received my membership packet in the mail this week. This organization helps to connect and network with other artists in the country. It also is a resource for artists to market their art to others. The artwork featured generally has a theme related to Christian ethics and teachings with positive and inspirational subject matter. Their vision and purpose is very much in tune with what I do, so I decided to join. They have an art registry that you can post your art on that is used by others who are looking for artists to commission. I plan on becoming a part of that when I get back from my Memorial Day vacation. Their website is www.civa.org

1 comment:

Robin Pedrero said...

Hello,

I have a friend who is a member of CIVA. I am an artist who is a christian. Nice to meet you.