Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Sudden Change of Plans!

A sudden change of plans! My husband and I decided to postpone our weekend in the Sawtooth Mountains until the first weekend in June. This was due to bad weather everywhere, including Stanley, Idaho, and due to my husband's hectic work schedule. So I will be staying home this Memorial Day weekend, but I don't mind. Mother Nature often decides to be uncooperative around Memorial Day and I would much rather go to Stanley when the sun in shining. I was fortunate to be able to change my hotel reservations to the weekend of June 6-7 because this hotel is usually booked solid throughout the summer.

This new schedule means that my art reception for my accepted piece, 'Autumn at Hidden Lake' at the Art Source Juried Show will be the night before we leave for Stanley, Idaho. That will be a busy night.

I have some good news. After two months of waiting, I finally received a photo from a client in Montana who wants me to do a graphite pencil portrait of her cat, "Smoke." The cat is a grey short-haired cat with green eyes. Funny but the last cat portrait I did which was just a month ago was also a grey cat. Two grey cat portraits in a row. What's up with that? This commission came from the cat show that I did way back in March. I have a list of about five other people from that cat show show that told me they wanted pet portraits but have chosen to wait a few months until they are in a better position to be able to purchase a portrait. I think everyone was broke in March after the long winter and the holidays.

Anyway, I am a bit relieved that I don't have to rush around like crazy tonight preparing last minute things for my vacation. I am well ahead of the game so now I can relax and actually do some artwork!

No comments: