Thursday, January 31, 2008

Art Hangouts, Art Projects, Art Orders

Monday night I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time. I attended the "Artists Hangout" meeting that my church has once a month. I already know most of the artists in the group so I felt right at home. Someone read a chapter out of a book about getting in touch with your creativity. We also did what is called a "team painting" where one person starts a drawing/painting then another person adds on to it, etc. I enjoyed it and plan to go back again.

People are just beginning to show some interest in art lessons. I have at least three people on board, possibly four. However, the snow here has made the road conditions so bad that it is difficult to get around town so I am not going to start lessons until some time in February. Hopefully, mother nature will give me a break from this snow by then.

Yesterday I got an unexpected email art order from someone who saw my website. She wants three of my art pieces: "Smooth Landing" "Got Nuts?" and "Salmon River in Stanley." She lives in Alabama and stated that she wants these for her London apartment. I am waiting for her to let me know if she wants originals or prints, then I can send her an invoice.

Yesterday I also worked on my guest room rennovation project. I think I will be finished with it by the end of this weekend. I need to finish it soon so I can devote my time to building up my art inventory for the Boise Cat Fanciers Show in March. (I will be an vendor selling my art work at this show.)

No comments: