Monday, January 28, 2008

Illustrative Art and Interior Decorating


I have been working on two art projects these past few days. One of the art projects I have been working on lately is a funny illustrative piece of a very friendly horse greeting a young boy. (See image posted above.) I found a photo at work (my other cleaning service job) that someone had hanging up in their office of this horse and boy and was intrigued by the humor and the expressions on the face of both the horse and the boy, so I asked if I could have a copy of it. What was challenging about this piece is that I had to alter some of it. The original photo included a lot of the interior of the car that the boy was sitting in and I didn't want to include all of it. I wanted the main focus to be on the horse and the boy. So I decided to rework the background part giving just a hint of the car that the boy was sitting in. Another thing that was challenging is that some of the photo wasn't real clear and was a bit too contrasting. So I had to change things a bit to compensate for that. I decided to post this image even though I am still "tweeking" it a bit.

The other project I am working on is an interior decorating project that I'm doing downstairs in my guest room. It is getting a complete makeover. I painted the entire room pastel blue. Now I have to work on putting up the curtains and painting the furniture. This room is going to have a color scheme of blue and pale yellow with white furniture. It will have a sort of country bed & breakfast theme to it. Maybe I'll post of photo of it when it is done.


No comments: