Thursday, January 24, 2008

Motivation Problems in January

Oh how I HATE January! It has always been my least favorite month. The weather sucks. It snows about every other day. It is not a good month for art sales, art shows or art lessons and those are the things that keep me motivated. Needless to say, I have had some trouble motivating myself to get things done. Only three more months until Spring. It can't come too soon.

I was able to get into the annual Cat Show here in Boise as a vendor. There is only room for about 5 vendors and I was the last one accepted. This show is a natural fit for my cat and animal art and I usually do pretty good in sales. Preparing for this show should help my sagging motivation problem.

The "Garden O' Feedin'" mural project that I was suppose to work on this week got postponed until next week, due to technical difficulties. Since this mural will be placed outside, it was determined we need a different kind of wood other than what we were using because this mural has to hold up in all kinds of weather.

I finished the portrait of "Pika," a beloved and recently deceased labrador dog. I have posted on today's blog one of three composite portrait poses that make up the entire 18 X 24 portrait. I made all the changes that the client requested and I think it turned out very well. Now I have to get a print made of it for my own portfolio and I have to find some place that can make a good print from an 18 X 24 original without it being too expensive.

No comments: