Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Project for Garden O' Feedin'

Today was the monthly meeting of the Art of the Vine Design group at the Vineyard. This is a group of artists at the Vineyard who get together and do graphic and fine art design projects that are requested by the church. I have been in this group for about a year and it has been a great growth opportunity for me. I really enjoy working and collaborating with other artists. Anyway, Jessie Nilo and I are working on a project for the Garden O' Feedin' program. We are taking the basic design of the hands holding food mural that I painted last year on the garden shed (see previous blogs for a photo) and using this as the main identifiable logo. Only this time we are going to tweek it a bit to look like the poster designs of Ward Hooper. This will be a design that will be put on T-shirts and brochures, etc. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at home working on pencil sketch designs for this.

No comments: