Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Art & Poetry in "Do You Believe in Idaho?" Book


I have been trying to revise some of my art lessons and get geared up for another season of art lessons. I have talked to several people who expressed a desire to take lessons after Christmas and now I need to call them. This is always a "keep-your-fingers-crossed" time as I hope that not too many people change their minds and cancel.

I was very please to receive today in the mail my contributor's copy of a little 47 page softcover poetry/art book, "Do You Believe in Idaho?" that was published by Big Tree Publishing. (Edited by Jessica Raper.) (See photo of cover to the left.) My poem, "I'll Remember Happiness" and three art illustrations were published in this book. These were all from the "Measure of Man" poetry & art book that I have been working this past year. What happened is several months ago I saw an ad in the Boise Weekly announcing an opportunity for poetry and art contributions for a book that was being planned. I thought it was a great opportunity so I took advantage of it and got accepted. It wasn't a paid job, but I got a kick out of getting some of my poetry published. It is also nice free publicity for my art. I don't know if this book can be purchased at the stores but I don't think so. I think you have to contact Big Tree Publishing to purchase it.

The following is the poem I wrote that was published in this book, along with the illustration that went with it.

I'll Remember Happiness

Say goodbye...
When what I really want to say is "stay"
To freeze this moment in time
So I can always have this day.
I was looking for a refuge
A place where I could mend
A place where I could plan
Until the battle ends.
You helped me to mend my broken wing
And taught my heart to sing.
Sweet memories will stay with me
New hope is what I'll find.
I'll remember....
The love and the laughter
The friendship thereafter
The child inside
That you chose not to hide.
The mischievous grin
And the joy that it brings,
The strength that you gave me,
And the way that you changed me.

And I'll remember.....Happiness!





No comments: