Sunday, January 20, 2008

Garden O' Feedin Mural

Has it really been a week since my last blog? Oops! Time has gotten away from me again. This week I finished my design for the Garden O' Feedin Program for the Vineyard Church in Boise. Another graphic artist from church, Jessie Nilo, is also working on this design with me. The design we are using is very Art Nouveau in style. I used ideas from one of my favorite Art Nouveau artists, Alphonse Maria Mucha, for inspiration. The final design and color scheme will be painted onto a large mural that will be used as a sign for the Garden O' Feedin Program. Jessie and I and a couple of other artists started the painting process last Saturday and we plan to continue it this coming Wednesday (1/23). This mural/sign will be placed in front of the fruit and vegetable garden that helps to feed low income and needy families in the community. I will try and post a photo of this mural/sign when it is done.

I also took a class last Saturday on how to do murals. It was taught by Jessie Nilo. I knew some of what this process was about, but I didn't know all of the technical steps involved and Jessie knows quite a few tricks of the trade that I didn't know. I am finding that the more I do murals the more I like them. At first murals seemed rather overwhelming and much too large for me, but now that I know some short cuts, they seem easier.

No comments: