Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Last Poem & Illustration for "Measure of Man"

I have finally finished my poetry book, "The Measure of Man"! (Fanfare, drum rolls.....) After a year of working, trying to squeeze in time for it here and there, it is finally finished. The book is handmade with matt board, special paper, fabric & ribbon. All I have to do now is to drill in the holes and put in the ribbon to tie it all together. In this blog, I have posted the last poem for "Measure of Man" and my illustration for it.

This poem is called "My Forever Knight" and it has an interesting story behind it. During a time in my life that was very stressful, a wonderful thing happened that helped me cope. I was invited to a very special fan club party in Phoenix, Arizona. The guest of honor was a professional actor by the name of Geraint Wyn Davies. This was an invitation only party and only 100 people were allowed to come. I ended up having the best weekend of my life. Geraint was extremely funny and entertaining and seemed to have a genuine love for people. I laughed harder than I had for years. Then Ger spent some personal one-on-one time with each person at the party. He made me feel encouraged and special in a way that I really needed at that time. The title of the poem is called "Forever Knight" because Geraint is best known for a television series he starred in during the 1990's called "Forever Knight."



"My Forever Knight"
As knights from King Arthur's Court,
We sat around tables round.
A part of a team, united as one,
Tales of humor and love abound.
Like a knight in shining armour,
You rescued me from dreary days.
You game me love & made me laugh
With your special charming ways.
How to tell you all that's in my heart,
In moments but a few?
When words seem so inadequate
For this, so fresh, so new.
I treasure the moments spent with you,
When hearts and dreams took flight.
The Arizona Room my Camelot,
And you, My Forever Knight.

No comments: