Sunday, February 3, 2008

A New Art Exhibit & Snow Jobs

A new art exhibit just opened today at the Vine Arts Gallery at the Vineyard church in Garden City near 50th and Chinden. I have two pieces entered--a framed collage of photos, art and a poem called "Forever Knight" and a colored pencil piece, "A Gathering of Goslings." The theme of this show is community and it will hang until April.

Another snow blizzard came my way today. Oh joy (sarcasm). I think that makes the tenth one so far this winter. I forgot what grass looks like. However, my guest room interior decorating project is helping me to keep my sanity. It is 90% done and it looks so fantastic! I really didn't do much art work this weekend because I spent almost the entire weekend working on the guest room. All I have left to do is reupholster a rocking chair seat and an ottoman and paint a nic-nac shelf that is going to hang on the wall and I'm done. What I love about this guest room project is it was fairly easy and inexpensive to do. Maybe I should put a sign out in front of my house that says "Beverly's Bed & Breakfast."

Last week I had some good news that I forgot to mention. A local book store here in Boise, Rediscovered Book store, sold some of my Stone Critters rock animal art and had a check for me. Apparently, they were suppose to have mailed this check to me the beginning of last month, but there was some sort of computer tracking problem and things got a little mixed up. Anyway, they want more of my Stone Critters to sell, so that will be another project I will start on this next week.

No comments: