Friday, November 6, 2009

My 3DArt Class Project Photos





I have posted photos of the latest projects I have made in my 3-D Art Class at BSU. The bottom two photos are two views of the soap sculpture that was actually my mid-term. This sculpture will be in a student art show sometime in mid-November and I am excited about that. It has been a while since I have been in any art exhibit that was at Boise State University.

The top two photos are from a 3D Book project, which was our last assigned class project. For my project, I made my version (in miniature) of the no-kill cat shelter, Simply Cats, where I did some volunteer work this past summer. The very top photo was a close-up of one of the rooms in the shelter that was especially for the fat cats who are on a diet and exercise program to lose weight. My camera doesn't have the capability of getting really tiny details, so this is as detailed as I could get. You can see the one cat that is on a treadmill machine and the sign above says, "Think Thin!" The other two rooms are the allergy room (cats with allergies) and the kitten room.
The text that you see running through the front of the room are the names of the cats that were in that room at the time I was doing the volunteer work or a name or description of the type of cats that were in that room, like 'Fat Cats' or 'Sneezy Felines' etc.
You can't see it but some of the signs on the walls in the other rooms say, "I'm not allergic to love!" "I don't care what time it is--feed me!" "Another day, another cat-tastrophe!" "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!" And in the allergy room, I have a bottle of medicine that is labeled, "Freeze-a-Sneeze Allergy Medicine."
The cat project hasn't been graded yet so I can't take it home. There is a chance that it might also be in the student art show but I don't know for sure.

No comments: