Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lots and Lots of School Projects!

School work has really been keeping me busy! There is only about one month left of school and it is CRUNCH TIME! Now is the time for me to play Billy Joel's song, "Pressure!" I have been working on several projects for both my classes. It has also been difficult to find the time to look for a part-time job. So until I get an actual job, I am making my living with my art and selling some items on the internet.

I just completed a real crazy project for my 3D art class. This project involves transforming part of the human body into something unusual or wierd--kind of like a mutation. My project involved turning the female body, specifically the breasts and the navel, into hot and cold water valves and turning the navel into a water faucet. This is definitely one of the strangest pieces of art that I have ever created, but my teacher loved the idea, so I went with it. Oh, what we students will do just to get an 'A' ! This piece will definitely NOT end up hanging over the fireplace in the living room!

This Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. I will be selling my art and crafts at a Christmas Bazaar at the Vineyard Church. This is the Vineyard's first Christmas bazaar and I hope it is a real success! All this week I have been busy preparing for it.

I also have been coming into the Ceramics class at BSU one extra day per week so that I can have a large enough body of ceramic works to show for the end of the semester. So far, I have four pieces that have been bisque fired, three that are glazed and finished, one that I have to paint/glaze, and two other pieces that are drying out, waiting to be bisqued fired. Then I have two others that I have started to sculpt, but they are not finished.

No comments: