Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Change Is In The Air!

I haven't blogged anything until now because I've been going on interviews and looking for other jobs to supplement or take the place of my current job that recently issued me a cut in pay because the company isn't doing so good right now. (Red flag that may mean "going out of business" sale.) So just about all my attention has been concentrated on this instead of art. Yes folks, CHANGE is in the air!

I have been able to squeeze in some time for painting and creating more rock animals. I have an art show at the Capital City Market in downtown Boise on August 23rd so I am preparing inventory for that. I just have to do a few rock animals and get some note cards printed that I'm sold out of.

I recently received another portrait commission. This one is going to be a 5 X 7 color portrait of a little boy about 2 years old. The main problem I have to solve with this assignment is that the client doesn't want this portrait to be framed and the kind of art that I do really needs to have some kind of protective covering on it like glass or plexiglass. The way they want to display it on a small easel, unprotected. This REALLY is not good for the artwork, which will just getting dirty or damaged. So I have to talk to them about this and we have to come up with a solution that works a little better for everyone.

Tomorrow (Thursday morning) I am going to a Vocational Rehab Orientation to see if I can qualify to get money to go back to college to get my bachelor's degree and possibly become a certified teacher. I am excited about this but I have no idea if I will be accepted or not. If I get accepted, I will REALLY have something wonderful to blog about!

No comments: