Sunday, August 17, 2008

Agora Gallery In New York and I'm Still Looking For A Part-Time Job

This week I worked on a portrait commission of an orange and white Cornish Rex cat by the name of "Vevay." It is almost done now. I also have another outdoor art show this Saturday at the Capital City Market downtown, so I have to pack and get ready for that. There is not much to be done since most everything is still packed up from last month's show.

I got an interesting email from a lady who works at the Agora Gallery in New York. She really likes my art and has listed my website (www.chickartisticcreations.com) on her website under "links." So we exchanged links and I listed Agora Gallery on my website. She said that she thought my art would be a great addition for the gallery, so I emailed some digital images (jpg's) to the gallery and we'll see what happens. It takes about 3 weeks before they will get back to me. That's okay. I can wait. I am much more interested in getting a part-time job right now and doing what I can to survive this recession. I applied for two part-time jobs at the Boise School District and they need to make a decision soon since school starts the last week of August, so I hope to be hearing from them soon--like maybe this week??? More money in my life will relieve LOTS of financial stress and will mean I will have more options as an artist too, since I can put some of that money back into my art business.

No comments: