Friday, July 18, 2008

Coping with Recession Really Sucks!


This has been a very bad week. I have been under so much stress that it has been difficult to concentrate on art, but I need to get back to my art because it is the therapy that helps calm my nerves. I look forward to being able to start my third part-time job in September. That will ease the strain of things. How much time I will have for art work after I start this job remains to be seen.

This Saturday I am having a garage sale to help bring more money into our lives. I am getting very close to actually being a starving artist, and believe me, it REALLY SUCKS!

The only art project that I have worked on and completed is the "Molly" dog rock. The final version is shown above. My client will be picking it up Saturday.

Then next week I have to work on preparing for a colored pencil & turpenoid workshop that I will be teaching at the Vineyard Church on Saturday from 2-4 p.m. If I had known that June and July would turn out to be such a crappy month for my husband's business as a Mortgage Broker, causing me tons of stress, I would have postponed the workshop until the following month.

No comments: