Sunday, September 30, 2007

New Art Students , Promotional Mailings & a Portrait Commission

I had two new art students (both under 12 years old) start lessons Saturday (9/29). The class went well with no problems. Things are going well with my other new student who is just five years old. I was afraid there might be an attention deficit issue, but so far it hasn't been much of a problem. This five year old boy has an amazing ability to draw a straight line without a ruler! I find teaching art very rewarding.

I finished a mailing to friends and family promoting the book with my portrait of Diana in it, "Diana in Art." I also called a few more bookstores in the area to see if they would be willing to sell this book in their store, but so far I have only found the one, Boise Book and Gift Shop. I wrote a press release about this book and I think I will see if some of the local newspapers might be interested in doing a story on it. It's worth a try. I think I'm getting use to rejection.

This weekend I finally started a portrait commission that I got a month ago. It will be a 16X20 color portrait of a dog (a labrador I think) by the name of "Pika". It will be a composite portrait that will have three different poses of Pika.

No comments: