Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mural Painting For the Vineyard's Veggie Garden

Today I worked on a mural for the Vineyard Church's vegetable Garden. This garden is used to help feed needy and low income families. The church wanted a design of hands holding fruit and veggies painted on the shed in their garden to dress it up a bit. So at around 11:00 a.m. today my friend, Angie, and I started on this project. The weather was perfect and the garden was beautiful. It was kind of like plein air painting only we were painting on a building instead of paper or canvas.

I remember when I was five years old I would draw on the walls of my house, much to my mother's dismay. Funny how some things don't change. Today I am doing the same thing only this time I have permission and it is not considered vandalism! I wonder if Michelangelo started this way?

No comments: