Monday, September 10, 2007

Visiting The Book Stores--Where is my Book?

Today I checked again with Barnes & Noble and Borders about my book, cover picture to the left. They said that the books can be ordered but they have decided not to carry any in the stores. Anyone can go into the stores and order this book, but they will not be stocked and displayed on the shelves because it was decided by the powers that be that is would not sell that well. This sucks! So I gave my card to the managers of the stores just in case they might be persuaded to order a few and display them.

I won't hold my breath for an invitation to set up a table at the book stores and sign autographs, although I admit it has crossed my mind. I wonder what B & N would do if I just set up my own table in their store?

Since the book stores won't market it for me, I guess I have to come up with some ideas. Anyone have any suggestions? (Damn it, I am an artist, not a promotor!)

No comments: