Sunday, May 31, 2009

Art Show At The Capital City Market


I have posted a card above that advertises the 8th Street Capital City Market Place. I did not do the art on it on it but yesterday (Saturday) I got a chance, at the last minute, to be a part of this market place. I was part of the Emerging Artists exhibit at the Boise Capital City Market. Normally, you can only exhibit once during the year at this Emerging Artists show and I scheduled myself for an exhibit on June 20th. You can sign up to do more than one show, but you have to be on a waiting list then wait for someone to cancel. Another artist happened to cancel for May 30th and they asked me to fill in. The show was from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

It was unusually hot Saturday, about 85 degrees. I didn't make quite as much in sales as I usually do at this show, which is probably a reflection of the bad economy, but I still did fairly well. This show has NO booth fee so any sales you get is profit.

From now until the fall, I don't have to work as a custodian anymore! Yay! I am very happy about that because the custodial job is very hard on my back and has been causing too many trips to the chiropractor. I am looking forward to this summer because I have several art shows, art projects, home rennovation projects to do, as well as some art classes I may be teaching soon. I am also going to look around for another part-time job for this fall to see if I can find something that isn't so hard on my back.

No comments: