Monday, May 4, 2009

Vine Arts Gallery Show "The Creator's Heart"

April Elk

Three Crosses


Sunday, May 3rd, was the reception (at the Vineyard Church) for the new art show at the Vine Arts Gallery. The theme of this show is The Creator's Heart. I have posted above the two pieces that I have currently on exhibit.

There was one piece in the show that really intriqued me. I think you would call it "performance art". It was the kind of art where the viewing public becomes a part of the art on itself. There was a mirror and a huge white sheet with paint drippings underneath. The art statement said something like, "God has created you as someone special and He wants to remove and heal the things you are struggling with so you can be what He wants you to be. I invite you to write on this sheet whatever problem/obstacle you are struggling with, then look in the mirror and see that you are a very special part of God's creation." Those aren't the exact words, but the meaning is the same. I thought this was a fantastic idea! Lots of people were writing things on the big sheet. I wrote "discouragement" and "grief from the loss of a pet".

No comments: