Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Week of School

My first week of school went smoothly and was lots of fun, except for the 104 degree day we had last Thursday. Ugh! Walking across campus felt like taking a trip across the Sahara Desert.

I am taking an American Literature class and an oil painting class. Oil painting is really not a media I prefer to work in, but that is what is required for this class. I had oil painting lessons a long time ago when I was a teenager. I liked it, but found it very messy.

Our first project in oil painting class will be a black & white still life. I don't have the advantage of taking my painting home and working on it because we have to paint from a still life that is set up in class by the teacher.

The coolest thing happened in my literature class. I have the same teacher I had last semester. Anyway, she told me she saw my artwork at a local chiropractic office and asked me to do a portrait of her two grandchildren! A new portrait commission always makes me happy!!!

No comments: