Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bluebird Collage

"Bluebird Collage"
This weekend I finished a colored pencil & Turpenoid collage that I call "Bluebird Collage." The photo I posted above shows most of it, but I couldn't get all of it in It has that flower pedal border on the left side too. And you can't see the very top and the bottom, which also has a little bit of a border. But after I matt and frame it, it will look fantastic.
The poem on the left side says, "Over our head will float the bluebird, singing of beautiful & impossible things--of things that are lovely and that never happen; of things that are not but that should be." This was a poem from an episode of Beauty & The Beast. I loved the way the poem represents the bluebird as a magical creature who sings about beautiful things. It is kind of a symbol of our hopes and dreams. Even if they don't all come true, it is still fun to dream!
The bluebird was created with colored pencil & Turpenoid. And except for the poem, the rest of it was special hand-made paper that was treated with a decopauge craft glue called Mod Podge.

No comments: