Monday, August 16, 2010

Thy Sweet Love Remember'd

"Thy Sweet Love Remember'd"

I'm glad that school starts next week because I am getting bored and I don't want to do any more home improvement projects. There are still plenty more of these annoying types of projects to do, I'm just not real motivated to do them!

I have posted my latest in the series of Beauty & The Beast illustrations that I am doing. These projects combine my colored pencil & Turpenoid portrait art with collage and poetry.
The piece you see above is based on my favorite Shakespeare sonnet which is also featured on the television series, Beauty & The Beast. The last two lines of this sonnet are on the art itself, inside the heart. This sonnet is especially timely right now because of the economic struggles most everyone is going through, myself included. It goes like this:
When in disgrace with Fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising.
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate:
For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

No comments: