Sunday, August 2, 2009

Refuge In You Art Exhibit & Reception

"Under His Wings"

"Serenity In The Sawtooths"


I just got back from the Vine Arts Exhibit reception at the Vineyard Christian Fellowship. This show is called "Refuge in You." I entered two pieces in this show--"Under His Wings" and "Serenity in the Sawtooths." Both pieces are posted above.
The piece "Under His Wings" actually is an illustration for Psalms 91: 3-4 which says, "Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
Yes, I know it LOOKS like two birds mating, but that is NOT what this is suppose to be illustrating. I took a chance and decided to enter this piece, know that is might cause a few uplifted eyebrows, but the pastors did not have a problem with it, so I don't either!
The other piece, "Serenity in the Sawtooths," was originally a piece I used for my Christmas cards one year. I actually did some touching up to this painting and took out the red Christmas bulbs on the one tree in this piece. The photo shown on my blog site is the version that still shows the Christmas ornaments on the tree.

No comments: