Sunday, August 23, 2009

New Portrait Commission and Battle Fatigue

Well, next week is the first week of school and I am ready! I have been looking forward to school all summer long and it is finally hear.

This past year has been a year of persecution and battles and I have had to cope with a few unpleasant battles this week while preparing for school next week. I have come to realize that I am suffering from "battle fatigue." I am definitely running on empty! So I am taking steps to get better. I decided to give myself a weekend alone in Banks, Idaho. This is a special event that focuses on healing and renewal while you stay at a beautiful place with great mountain scenery.

I have started on the portrait commission that I recently got of a little boy hugging a persian cat. The photo I'm working with is not quite as sharp as I would like it to be, but I can work with it. So far, it is coming out very well. Not having a job or schoolwork gives me a lot of time to work on this. It will probably be done by mid-September.

No comments: