Sunday, August 9, 2009

Out With The Old and Painting Autumn

'Autumn at Hidden Lake'


It's only a few weeks before school starts again and I am really looking forward to it. I am taking Ceramics and Art Foundations for 3-D art. Both of these are new areas for me that I don't have much experience in, so I know I will learn a lot.


This is also a time for "out with the old, in with the new." I am voluntarily walking away from my job as a custodian. It was terribly hard on my back, leading to pain and chiropractic visits about once a week. There were other problems which made it very stressful for me and it was difficult to handle the stress and concentrate on my school work. I thought it would be like my previous job at TenXsys and would be a 'light' custodial work, but really wasn't. I never worked harder in my life than I did at this job! Although this is not the best time to be quitting a job and looking for another one, I think I made the right decision. I will be making some money as a art workshop teacher at the Vineyard and I will continue to market and sell my art.


I started another art piece that is a companion to my 'Autumn at Hidden lake' (posted above). It is the same lake, but different view. It has the same beautiful autumn colors to it. It's about half done and I will post it when it is finished.


I recently sold a framed print of the 'Autumn at Hidden Lake' piece and the purchaser would like another print that has the same colors, so that motivated me to start this new piece. Another reason I decided to do another 'Hidden Lake' piece is that I am really enjoying the exploration of painting autumn colors. This is something new to me and I am learning a lot. So many of my landscapes are in colors of brown, gray, green and blue. It is nice to be able to work in a pallet that made up of yellows, oranges and reds.

No comments: