Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another Autumn Landscape Completed


I finished my second landscape of Hidden Lake from my trip to Leavenworth and Plains, Washington and have posted it above. I think I will call it "Autumn Landscape." I am really happy with how it turned out. I used colored pencil and turpenoid and added some acrylic spatters to give it an interesting texture. I already have a customer who wants a print of it.

After about six months of no portrait commission work at all, I finally got a portrait commission order! It will be of a small boy and a beautiful Himalayan cat. The client has to resend the photo to me by email because the first one was too big to print and the second photo was too tiny to use. I have learned that the most challenging part of a portrait commission is just getting the photo from the client. I had about six other people sign up for portraits, but only one has actually followed through with a photo.

No comments: