Sunday, July 26, 2009

More Leavenworth, Washtington Art



Since I don't have a job right now, I have had much more time for art. I just completed another piece of art based on my 2007 trip to the Leavenworth, Washington. The entire piece is too big for my scanner, so I only posted (above) two sections of what I did. Most all of the restaurants and stores in Leavenworth have some sort of design or picture painted on the building or they have an very artistic, decorative sign with their name on it. So what I did with this piece is I re-created some of my favorite pieces of art that are on these stores & buildings and put them together in collage form. The background is watercolor with plastic wrap over it. When the watercolor dries, I lift off the plastic wrap and it forms a really interesting design that kind of looks like crystals.
The top photo shows the sign that hangs in front of the Red Baron Gift House. I loved the typography and the way it was designed, with the little Red Baron in the middle. The vine design around the Red Baron sign is the same design that is painted on the Tannebaum Building in Leavenworth.
The photo below it is the beautiful stained glass art that hangs above a restaurant in Leavenworth, Washington.

No comments: