Monday, July 20, 2009

Under His Wings


I just completed a brand new piece (posted above) I call, "Under His Wings" based on Psalms 91:1-4. I was getting ready for the new Vine Arts Gallery exhibit coming the end of this month and I wanted one more piece that fit the theme of the show, "Refuge in You." I found this wonderful photograph in an old book I have on Island Life and it illustrated this Psalm just perfectly.
These birds are Fairy Terns and are done in colored pencil & turpenoid and the background is in watercolor. I also added some white acrylic paint spatters just to add some interesting texture.
I like the theme of the Vine Arts show: "Refuge." It seems especially appropriate during these tough economic times to focus on the things that we can take refuge in like our faith in God, our friends, and our families. I know that I am not the only one who is looking for a job, struggling to make ends meet and waiting it out hoping for better times. I think this show will be uplifting and encouraging to people and that is what we need right now.

No comments: