Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Days & Not So Happy Fish

Paul Peterson


Henry Winkler, me and Donny Most from "Happy Days"
A few weeks ago, I met two of the stars from the TV Series, Happy Days--Henry Winkler (The Fonz) and Donny Most (Ralph Malph) and I had my picture taken with them! This a rare and exciting event for me and one that does not happen every day, so I thought I would post this photo on my blog site. I also met and had a great time chatting with with Paul Peterson, a former child actor best known as Jeff from the Donna Reed Show. He is also the founder of a child actor advocacy organization called A Minor Consideration that fights for the rights of child actors.

I met these actors at the Northwest Car Show at the Expo Center (also known as the Western Idaho Fairgrounds.) My husband loves cars and I especially love the designs of the old cars from the 1900's through the 1940's.
My art show at Happy Fish Sushi got cancelled for very unethical and unprofessional reasons so I am not going to do business with them again. This kind of thing kills trust! You don't cancel an artist's show a day before it is scheduled to go up and tell them that the boss decided to do something else. Yes, I was mad for awhile, but it doesn't do any good to hold on to the anger. I decided it was best to just move forward.

I am getting ready for two different shows. There will be a new exhibit at the Vine Art Gallery the end of this month and I will post more on this later. I am also going to enter a few pieces in the Western Idaho Fair Juried Show in August. Other than that, I don't really have much going on.

No comments: