Monday, July 6, 2009

Getting Past The Creative Block

It has been nice having more time for my art work. I realize now how much my job, before it ended for the summer, and stress, were draining my creativity this past year. Except for what I created in my art methods class in school, I really didn't make any really great art pieces. I think I was suffering from a kind of creative block. Art Methods class was really good for me because it helped me to think outside the box and get past that creative block.

I have been working on a piece I call, "Reaching for the Stars." It is almost done but I don't want to post a photo of it until it is 100% done. I am pleased with how it has turned out so far.

My "Otter Odyssey" piece is up for exhibit this week on the Web Digest Weekly website under the gallery page. To see it, go to www.webdigestweekly.com.

I am still looking around for more art shows to book and am keeping my eyes open for other part-time jobs in case I don't go back to my custodial job.

No comments: