Sunday, June 28, 2009

College Classes vs. Part-Time Job

Although it is very nice not to have to do any custodial work this summer, I find myself occasionally getting stressed about the fact that I don't know if I'm going to have a job in the fall. Then I think about taking just any job, just to have a paycheck. But I find that I really don't want just "any" job. I want to be a teacher's aide. That way I can have the opportunity to do some art and crafts with kids. It would also utilize my office experience and computer skills. I would even consider another office job if it was part-time and fit around my class schedule. My challenge is that I can only work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays because I have classes Tuesdays and Thursdays. I arranged my class schedule that way thinking that I would be going back to my night time custodial job. Once you arrange your college schedule, it is really hard (sometimes impossible) to change it later. There have been numerous cut-backs in the school district and I don't know if I will be going back to my night time job. Besides, what I really want to do...where my heart is really at is teaching and working with kids.

It seems that during my lifetime I have always had two jobs/careers--the job that I have to have because it pays the bills and the job that I consider my career choice, where my heart is really at. This has to change! The job that pays the bills needs to be the job where my heart is really at. I am just tired of settling for less.

Anyway, as a stress-buster I went to the Boise Zoo this week and visited the new African exhibit. I loved it and it definitely helped clear my head!

No comments: