Monday, June 8, 2009

Art & Roses






Sunday was Art & Roses art show day and the weather was perfect. It had been raining the day before, so it was a real blessing to have perfect weather for the show. It started raining just a little as everyone packed up at the end of the show. It is rare for Mother Nature to actually cooperate with outdoor shows like this!

Anyway, I did very well in sales. I actually did better than I did last time I did this show, which was two years ago. I sold note cards and small 5 X 8 size original watercolors, but no large expensive originals. Being that we are still in the midst of the recession, I didn't know what to expect in terms of sales, but I was pleased with the results. I made about $115.00. Not bad considering that I can't sell my prints or rock animals at this show. My most popular sellers were the otter note cards and the little mouse holding the miniature gun. (See photos posted above.)

My husband helped me and was at my booth in the morning for about an hour, then came back at about 3:00 p.m. and stayed until the end of the day. Several people we knew came to this show and stopped by to say hello.

A lot of people were walking their dogs and I always find it fun and interesting to see all the different types of animals people have. One lady had a little tiny baby pug dog puppy--so cute! There was also a very cute multi-colored Pomeranian dog and a husky puppy with one blue eye and one brown eye.

I have another show at the downtown market this Saturday (June 13) and I have to get busy and make more note cards and a few more rock animals.

No comments: