Monday, March 2, 2009

A Short Update

The "We Art Women" art show at Esther Simplot Performing Arts Center came and went this week and I didn't sell anything. That is not surprising in light of the current economy.

This weekend I worked a bit on a new piece I am doing with a black bear and her cub. My life is a bit stressful right now and I was emotionally & physically exhausted this weekend. My part-time job can be physically demanding. I really want to get out of the custodian business entirely and go to a teacher's aide job, or something that is less physical. But right now, the job market is terrible and the timing doesn't seem right for this.

I didn't feel terribly motivated to do art work this weekend. I mostly just wanted to rest. Hopefully, inspiration will come later on. I am looking forward to spring break (the last week of this month) when I can really relax and plug into my art.

I have decided that this year I am not going to spend a lot of time promoting my art and spending money on art show fees. I am going to only exhibit my art in places that are either free with no fee or are $50.oo or less. In this economy everyone is cutting back and I am having to do this too.

I have a few weeks before my first art show of the year, which is the cat show on March 21-22. That is what I will be concentrating on & preparing for in the coming weeks. I don't have a lot of artwork preparation to do for this. I mostly have to organize what I want to take and plan how to display it.

No comments: