Monday, March 9, 2009

Big Portrait Commission & Art Methods Class Projects


In the midst of having to "put out many fires" (my life is somewhat stressful right now), I got some very good news! A friend of mine has commissioned me to do a portrait of her children. She has five of them. I haven't had a portrait commission this big for a long time. Most of my portrait orders are for small portraits or rock animals and can be anywhere from $20.00 to $200.00. I actually haven't had a portrait commission to work on since December of last year.

I have been working on some fun art projects at my Art Methods class at BSU. We recently spent some of our class time creating art from recycled materials. I created a little notebook/journal (pictured in above photo) made from matt board, paper, fabric, ribbon and a recycled 7-UP aluminum can. This week we are going to creat some circus theme art based on wire sculpture. This class has been very good "therapy" for me and I need it right now.

No comments: