Monday, March 16, 2009

The Cat Show, Spring Break, and Art Methods Class


I have my first art exhibit of the year this weekend at the Idaho Cat Fancier's Show. This show is just down the street from where I live, at the Idaho Fairgrounds. I spent some of my time this weekend preparing for this show, gathering all my prints, note cards and displays.

I also managed to squeeze in some time to work on my black bear wildlife piece. It is 11 X 14 and is almost done. I have posted a photo of a portion of this piece (above). Not sure if I will have this piece completed in time for the cat show this weekend.

In my Art Methods class at BSU, we have been building an entire circus out of recycled material and wire. This project is based on the art creations of Alexander Calder and his wire art performing circus. I choose to do a circus elephant and a baby elephant, with a lady riding the elephant. I made it from materials like wire, plastic straws, soda pop can, plastic film canisters and brown grocery bags. It has really been a lot of fun. This doesn't seem like a college class, it seems more like "play" therapy!

I have all next week off because it is spring break, so no custodial job next week! Yay! I will be spending some of my time attending several children's art classes as an assistant and observer. This is part of my homework for my BSU Art Methods Class. By the end of the semester, we have to have a total of 30 hours of observing or assisting with a children's art class. By the end of March I should have about 22 hours.

No comments: