Saturday, February 21, 2009

Life Interferes With Art!

This has been a very stressful week. I had a crisis at work and that took all of my time and energy to work through but the crisis is over and I can get back to what I REALLY love--art! I really hate it when life interferes with art!

This past week my BSU Art Methods class helped to hang an elementary school art exhibition called Go Green. The artwork in this exhibit is made entirely of recyclable material. It was really interesting to see what the kids came up with. Some have pretty wild imaginations! It was good experience for me. I find that I am kind of slow in deciding where to hang things and we had to be done by a certain time. My past experience helping to hang exhibits at the Vine Art Gallery really came in handy.

Last Tuesday, my BSU class helped some kids with another mask making project. It was fun and I had a ball. The kids loved it too.

Another project that I have started myself on is another wildlife piece. I have been wanting to do a black bear piece and so far, it is turning out very nice.

No comments: