Sunday, February 1, 2009

Passing Through The Waters


I just completed my other illustration for Isaiah 43:2 and I have posted it above. This illustration is for that part of the verse that says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you."

I mentioned in a previous blog that I decided not to go with the original idea that I had for this part of the verse having to do with water. I had actually started on it, but I didn't like the composition or the way it was turning out. I think the idea of using the concept of surfing was much better and has far more impact. This was the first time that I have done any type of art having to do with surfing and giant waves and I think it turned out great.

I think that in light of the current tough economic times that we are all living in now, it is important to focus on anything that is encouraging and to not lose hope. This verse, Isaiah 43:2, I feel is God's promise to me that He will be with me during this time and that I will get through it all without drowning!

No comments: