Thursday, February 12, 2009

We Art Women

"Still Waters"


"Sawtooth Silhouette"

My family and I have been sick with the flu this past week, so all blogging had to stop for awhile. In spite of the misery of being sick, some really cool things have been happening lately. I was accepted into the annual We Art Women Juried Art Show. I have posted above photos of the two pieces that made it into this show, which are "Still Waters" and "Sawtooth Silhouette". This art auction & exhibit is a one day affair that is a fundraiser for Women's & Children's Alliance of Boise, which is an organization that helps abused and battered women & children. The art show and auction will take place February 26 at the Esther Simplot Perfoming Arts Center in downtown Boise. This show also offers some cash awards. Could I be lucky enough to win one? We will have to see.

No comments: