Monday, November 3, 2008

"Walking Through Fire" Based On Isaiah 43:2


I have just completed a new piece of art. I call it "Walking Through Fire." (Posted above.) It is based on a verse in the Bible, Isaiah 43:2, "....you will pass through the fire, but you will not be burned." I got the idea for this from a photo from the 2008 calendar hanging in my computer room. This photo doesn't give the location of where it was taken, but I have a feeling it is somewhere in Utah or Arizona. I found another photo of fire and combined it with the unusual red rock cave photo from the 2008 calendar and viola! I embellished the beam of light in the photo by expanding it and giving it some waves at the bottom. I don't think I have done anything before with such an intense color palate of yellow, red & orange.

I wanted to complete this piece before next Saturday so I could display it for the big Vineyard Art Gala on November 8th. I spent much of this past weekend preparing my display for this event because I am one of their on-site artists. (The purpose of the Gala is to raise money for the Vineyard church's art program & the Vine Arts Gallery.)

No comments: