Sunday, November 30, 2008

Festival of Trees

Well, I have had five days off during Thanksgiving weekend and I took advantage of the free time by getting my Christmas cards done, most of my Christmas shopping and decorating the house for Christmas. Except I didn't put up the Christmas tree yet. Since this is the most time I will have off from work before Christmas, I just wanted to get most of it done while I had still had the time and the energy.

Last Friday I went to a very artistic exhibit called The Festival of Trees at the convention center in downtown Boise. This is an annual event that features all kinds of elaborately decorated Christmas trees & wreaths. The trees were just magnificent! There were all types of decoration themes trees like a rustic country Christmas tree, 1940's style tree, a Hollywood movie theme tree, a Peanuts character/Charlie Brown Christmas tree, and even a Pirates of the Carribean theme tree. I love to see what people come up with and how imaginatively these trees are decorated. I went with a group of friends from my church, the Vineyard.

I really haven't spent much time doing art work because I have been concentrating mostly on Christmas preparations. However, on Thanksgiving day I did do some work on a new piece I just started. This piece is actually going to be paired up with "Walking Through Fire" which is based on Isaiah 43:2. This new piece will illustrate that part of Isaiah 43:2 that says, "when the waters pass over you, you will not be swept away."

No comments: