Monday, October 20, 2008

Preparing A New Piece of Art for the Art Gala

The "Leopard In the Tree" has been temporarily put on hold for a couple of reasons. First, the paper I was using was not good and I had to scrap the piece and start all over again. Sometimes when you decide to use a cheaper paper it is not always a good idea! I switched to a Winsor/Newton watercolor paper and it is working much better.

And second, I got inspired to do something else and I want it completed by November 8th for the big Art Gala fundraiser at the Vineyard.) Because this big Art Gala event is about healing through art, I decided to do a piece that illustrates a verse in the Bible, Isaiah 43:2. "....you will pass through the fire but the flames will not burn you." With the recession and all the scary job changes my husband and I have been through and loss of income, this verse pretty much describes my life this year! It is a representational/illustrational piece done in my usual realistic style. I think it is going turn out very nice. I will post it when it is done.

I am almost finished with one of my portrait commissions. The commission is for two 5X7 colored pencil portraits of 3 or 4 year old boy. They are going to be given out as Christmas gifts by my client.

No comments: