Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Christmas Card Design is Done. On to The Next Portrait Commission.


I have finished with this year's Christmas Card art and I have posted it above. Is this cute or what? It is a portrait of two of my cats, Maynard (left) and Bonzai Pete (right). I call it "Christmas List." In real life, Maynard and Pete hate each other and rarely ever get this close, except to hit each other! But in the world of art you can create you own story and pretend that everyone is one big happy family!

Now that I have finished my Christmas Card design, I want to get started on my next portrait commission. I have been commissioned to do two portraits, both 5X7 in size. A few months ago, a lady that I had previously known from a women's performance choir that we once both involved in commissioned me to do two portraits of her nephew, Michael, who is around 3 years old. These portraits are going to be framed and given out to relatives as Christmas gifts. With this lousy economy, I think I am fortunate just to be getting portrait commissions!

No comments: