Sunday, September 21, 2008

My First Week as a Custodian--Oh My Aching Back!

This has been an exhausting week but I survived my first full week working as a part-time custodian at an elementary school. It is a lot of wear and tear on my back and I have to see the chiropractor Monday. Then I think I will have to make some adjustments (use lighter equipment) to accommodate my neck & back, but I think it is going to work out all right.

Because of my intense schedule, there has not been much time for artwork. What I am doing right now is gearing up for the Christmas season. Some of the local gift shops and galleries that I work with are getting ready for Christmas inventory. Rediscovered Bookstore is only going to sell my Stone Critters because the artwork just is not selling right now. So what I am going to do is concentrate on selling mostly my Stone Critter rock animals. Of all my art, the rock animals and commissioned portrait seem to be my best sellers, so that is what I am concentrating on. In the next couple of weeks I will go out to some local places that carry my stuff, or have in the past, and ask them if I can sell on consignment for Christmas.

This weekend, I worked more on the piece of art that will be used as my yearly Christmas card. It is about 60% done.

No comments: