Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Re:Form" Vine Arts Exhibit Reception

I survived my first week at my new job. My body is trying to adjust to the physical labor involved in my job, but I think I will be okay. I'm just glad to have another job and extra income! Too bad I have to wait until October for my first payday!

The only artwork I did this week was I started working on this year's Christmas card design. I decided this year I will do a portrait of two of my cats, Pete and Maynard, with Santa hats on, and they will be getting their Christmas lists ready to give mom and dad. It will be cute.

Today was the reception for the new exhibit at the Vine Arts Gallery. The exhibit is called "Re:Form." It deals with the concept of change (spiritual change, social change, etc.) It deals with believing that God delights in doing extraordinary things with ordinary people. I submitted two pieces, "The Lighthouse" and "Elephant Walk." Photos of both these pieces were posted on previous blogs.

They changed the reception of the exhibit to be right after church and I thought that was a good idea because they had a much better turn out than last time, when the reception was Sunday Evening. My mother & father-in-law came to the reception, along with another out-of-town relative--Jon's sister, Chris.

No comments: