Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The "Hands Holding Food" Mural Completed

This past Monday, October 15, Angie and I worked all day to complete the mural for the Vineyard Garden Shed. This mural is for the Vineyard Church's vegetable & fruit garden that helps to feed low income & needy families in the community. (See previous blogs.) Even though I say that it is finished, there are still some little things that I may go back and touch up. We were forced to complete this project today because of weather issues and because we were simply having a hard time fitting this mural into our already tight schedules. We sealed it with varnish to protect it from the elements so now I don't have to worry if Mother Nature decides to rain on it. I think we put a total of about 20 hours into this project. I am happy with the results, but like a typical perfectionistic artist, there are still things that I might want to "tweek" just a bit more.

No comments: